Like I said in yesterday's part 1, the day we got home from Jackson I packed myself back up and took off for Salt Lake. Monday morning, I caught a flight to Indianapolis for a blogger event hosted by Delta Faucet.
The team: our Delta engineer "helper" Ben, Kim from Newly Woodwards, me, Julia from Chris Loves Julia, and Hillary from The Friendly Home (hard at work, saving our behinds)
Seriously though, learning about the design process, touring their department and getting some exciting sneak peeks of upcoming designs (excited about faucets? Yeah, I just said that and totally meant it) was enough to make me want to be a designer when I grow up.
(Judd Lord, Director of Industrial Design)
We got back to Salt Lake Wednesday evening and I hustled my behind over to Park City to spend the next several days immersed in wedding plans and celebrations!
It was wonderful. I met my friend Menaka in first grade and she's still very dear to me, so it was a special weekend. I didn't get to take many photos though!
- I got to see some old friends!
- I bossed people around (coordinator) while carrying around glasses of champagne (guest).
- I finally learned to Dougie. (probably not, though.)
- I ate my first oyster and all the champagne in the world couldn't wash the taste out of my mouth... trust me, I tried.
- I scuffed up my new shoes. I'm still upset.
- I had to spend several hours cleaning up my hotel room so housekeeping wouldn't permanently bar me from visiting again.
My July plans:
- Avoid all July plans.